Why would you want to do this? Because in some work places, Facebook is generally blocked and you may not want to go through the goofy work-arounds to update your status or post a photo to your news feed. But who blocks email? None, right. So here’s an easy way to update your FB status from your email account.
Step One: Get your Secrete email address
- Go to Facebook Mobile Upload. page
- If you are not logged in already, log in using your email address or phone number (the usual way)
- Find your Facebook upload email address under Upload via Email.
- Your secrete email address should be something like firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: This is a secret email address. DO NOT share this address with anyone since they will spam you.
Step Two: Send an email to that email address
- Log in to your email account like Gmail
- Go to compose and send and email to your facebook secrete address.
- Put the status update message in the Subject field and leave the message body empty. If you are uploading an image, then whatever you put in the subject field will be the image caption.
Step Three: Check your Facebook news feed later. It should be there.